2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 238.72
Low grade myelodysplastic syndrome lesions
- A myelodysplastic syndrome characterized mainly by dysplasia of the erythroid series. Refractory anemia is uncommon. It is primarily a disease of older adults. The median survival exceeds 5 years. (WHO, 2001)
- A myelodysplastic syndrome characterized by an anemia in which 15% or more of the erythroid precursors are ringed sideroblasts. The ring sideroblast is an erythroid precursor in which one third or more of the nucleus is encircled by granules which are positive for iron stain. It occurs primarily in older individuals. The median survival exceeds 5 years. (WHO, 2001)
- Short description: Low grde myelody syn les.
- ICD-9-CM 238.72 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 238.72.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 238.72: 2013.
238.72 Alternative Terminology
Convert 238.72 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 238.72: