2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 237.70
- group of disorders characterized by an autosomal dominant pattern of inheritance with high rates of spontaneous mutation and multiple neurofibromas or neurilemmomas; neurofibromatosis 1 (generalized neurofibromatosis) accounts for approximately 95% of cases, although multiple additional subtypes (e.g., neurofibromatosis 2, neurofibromatosis 3, etc.) have been described.
- An autosomal dominant hereditary neoplastic syndrome. Two distinct clinicopathological entities are recognized: neurofibromatosis type 1 and neurofibromatosis type 2. Neurofibromatosis type 1 is associated with the presence of cafe-au-lait cutaneous lesions, multiple neurofibromas, malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors, optic nerve gliomas, and bone lesions. Neurofibromatosis type 2 is associated with the presence of schwannomas, meningiomas, and gliomas.
- Short description: Neurofibromatosis NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 237.70 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 237.70.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 237.70: 2013.
Convert 237.70 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 237.70: