2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 040.89
Other specified bacterial diseases
- Short description: Bacterial diseases NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 040.89 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 040.89 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 040.89.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 040.89: 2013 2014.
- Bacterial arthritis of elbow
- Bacterial arthritis of patellofemoral joint
- Brazilian purpuric fever
- Clostridial infection
- Extrapulmonary legionella infection
- Mycoplasma arthritis
- Nonpneumonic legionnaires disease
- Oral mucosal bacterial disease
- Staphylococcal toxic shock syndrome
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM A48.8 Other specified bacterial diseases
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 040.89
- Disease, diseased - see also Syndrome
- bacterial NEC 040.89