2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 040.42
- ICD-9-CM 040.42 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 040.42 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 040.42.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 040.42: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM A48.52 Wound botulism
- Non-foodborne botulism NOS
- Use additional code to identify complicated open wound
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 040.42
- Botulism 005.1
- non-foodborne 040.42
- wound 040.42