2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E916
Struck accidentally by falling object
- Short description: Struck by falling object.
- ICD-9-CM E916 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E916 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E916 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM E916.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E916: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
- Collapse of building, except on fire
- snowslide NOS
- Object falling from:
- machine, not in operation
- stationary vehicle
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM W20.8XXA Other cause of strike by thrown, projected or falling object, initial encounter