2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E916
Struck accidentally by falling object
- Short description: Struck by falling object.
- ICD-9-CM E916 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E916 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E916 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM E916.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E916: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM W20.8XXA Other cause of strike by thrown, projected or falling object, initial encounter
- Collapse of building, except on fire
- snowslide NOS
- Object falling from:
- machine, not in operation
- stationary vehicle