2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E876.5
Performance of wrong operation (procedure) on correct patient
- Short description: Perfrm wrong op/right pt.
- ICD-9-CM E876.5 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E876.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E876.5 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM E876.5.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E876.5: 2012 2013 2014.
- correct operation (procedure) performed on wrong body part (E876.7)
- Wrong device implanted into correct surgical site
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM Y65.51 Performance of wrong procedure (operation) on correct patient