2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 987.6
Toxic effect of chlorine gas
- Short description: Toxic eff chlorine gas.
- ICD-9-CM 987.6 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 987.6 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 987.6.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 987.6: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T59.4X1A Toxic effect of chlorine gas, accidental (unintentional), initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T59.4X2A Toxic effect of chlorine gas, intentional self-harm, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T59.4X3A Toxic effect of chlorine gas, assault, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T59.4X4A Toxic effect of chlorine gas, undetermined, initial encounter