2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 879.9
Open wound(s) (multiple) of unspecified site(s) complicated
- Short description: Opn wound site NOS-compl.
- ICD-9-CM 879.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 879.9 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 879.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 879.9: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S31.020A Laceration with foreign body of lower back and pelvis without penetration into retroperitoneum, initial encounter
- Local infection of wound
- On examination - wound healing delayed
- Wound healing, delayed
- Wound infection