2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 879.9
Open wound(s) (multiple) of unspecified site(s) complicated
- Short description: Opn wound site NOS-compl.
- ICD-9-CM 879.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 879.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 879.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 879.9: 2012 2013 2014.
- Local infection of wound
- On examination - wound healing delayed
- Wound healing, delayed
- Wound infection
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM S31.020A Laceration with foreign body of lower back and pelvis without penetration into retroperitoneum, initial encounter