2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 873.43
Open wound of lip uncomplicated
- Short description: Open wound of lip.
- ICD-9-CM 873.43 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 873.43 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 873.43.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 873.43: 2012 2013 2014.
- Laceration of lip
- Lip laceration
- Open animal bite of lip
- Open bite of lip
- Open cat bite of lip
- Open dog bite of lip
- Open human bite of lip
- Open wound of lip
- Puncture wound of lip
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM S01.501A Unspecified open wound of lip, initial encounter
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 873.43
- Wound, open (by cutting or piercing instrument) (by firearms) (cut) (dissection) (incised) (laceration) (penetration) (perforating) (puncture) (with initial hemorrhage, not internal) 879.8
- lip 873.43