2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 848.42
Chondrosternal (joint) sprain
- Short description: Sprain chondrosternal.
- ICD-9-CM 848.42 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 848.42 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 848.42.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 848.42: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S23.421A Sprain of chondrosternal joint, initial encounter