2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 729.1
Myalgia and myositis unspecified
- an acute, subacute, or chronic painful state of muscles, subcutaneous tissues, ligaments, tendons, or fasciae caused by a number of agents such as trauma, strain, occupation, exposure, posture, infection, or arthritis.
- Inflammation and fibrous degeneration of a muscle.
- A common nonarticular rheumatic condition that is characterized by muscle pain, tenderness, and stiffness.
- Short description: Myalgia and myositis NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 729.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 729.1.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 729.1: 2012 2013.
729.1 Alternative Terminology
Convert 729.1 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 729.1: