2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 727.02
Giant cell tumor of tendon sheath
- A tumor usually arising in the synovium of joints, bursa or tendon sheath. It is characterized by the presence of mononuclear cells, multinucleated osteoclast-like giant cells, hemosiderin-laden macrophages, foam cells, and an inflammatory infiltrate. According to the growth pattern, it is classified as localized or diffuse.
- Short description: Giant cell tumor tendon.
- ICD-9-CM 727.02 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 727.02.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 727.02: 2012 2013.
727.02 Alternative Terminology
Convert 727.02 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 727.02: