2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 724.5
- Short description: Backache NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 724.5 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 724.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 724.5.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 724.5: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
- Back pain
- Back pain < 3 months
- Back pain for less than 3 months
- Back pain less than 3 months
- Back pain without radiculopathy
- Back pain wo radiculopathy
- Backache for less than 3 months
- Backache without radiculopathy
- Chronic back pain > 3 months
- Chronic back pain for greater than 3 months
- Chronic back pain greater than 3 months
- Chronic back pain greater than 3 months duration
- Dorsalgia (upper back pain)
- Thoracic back pain
- Upper back pain
- Vertebrogenic (pain) syndrome NOS
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM M54.89 Other dorsalgia
- 2015 ICD-10-CM M54.9 Dorsalgia, unspecified