2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 710.9
Unspecified diffuse connective tissue disease
- pertains to those conditions in which the primary defect is at the gene level and affects collagen biosynthesis, post-translational modification, or extracellular processing directly.
- A term previously used to describe chronic diseases of the connective tissue (e.g., rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, and systemic sclerosis), but now is thought to be more appropriate for diseases associated with defects in collagen, which is a component of the connective tissue.
- Inflammatory and degenerative diseases of connective tissue structures, such as arthritis.
- Short description: Diff connect tis dis NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 710.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 710.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 710.9: 2012 2013.
710.9 Alternative Terminology
Convert 710.9 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 710.9: