Home > 2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Complications Of Pregnancy, Childbirth, And The Puerperium 630-679 > Ectopic And Molar Pregnancy And Other Pregnancy With Abortive Outcome 630-639 > Complications following abortion and ectopic and molar pregnancies 639-
2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 639.5
Shock following abortion or ectopic and molar pregnancies
- Short description: Postabortion shock.
- ICD-9-CM 639.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 639.5.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 639.5: 2012 2013 2014.
- Abnormal uterine growth with shock
- Ectopic pregnancy (not in uterus) with shock
- Ectopic pregnancy W shock
- Ectopic pregnancy with shock
- Molar pregnancy W shock
- Shock following molar pregnancy
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 639.5:
- Collapse 780.2
- circulatory (peripheral) 785.59
- vascular (peripheral) 785.59
- cerebral (see also Disease, cerebrovascular, acute) 436
- during or after labor and delivery 669.1
- fetus or newborn 779.89
- abortion 639.5
- ectopic or molar pregnancy 639.5
- Shock 785.50
- obstetric 669.1
- postoperative 998.0
- septic 785.52
- due to
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 639.5 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2011 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.