2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 578.9
Hemorrhage of gastrointestinal tract unspecified
- Short description: Gastrointest hemorr NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 578.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 578.9 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 578.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 578.9: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM K92.2 Gastrointestinal hemorrhage, unspecified
- Bleeding gastric varices
- Gastric varices bleeding
- Gastric varices, bleeding
- Gastrointestinal hemorrhage
- GI hemorrhage
- Lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage
- Lower GI hemorrhage
- Upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage
- Upper GI hemorrhage
- Gastric hemorrhage
- Intestinal hemorrhage