Home > 2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Digestive System 520-579 > Other Diseases Of Digestive System 570-579 > Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis 571-
2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 571.6
- ICD-9-CM 571.6 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 571.6.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 571.6: 2012 2013 2014.
- A form of biliary cirrhosis in which small intrahepatic ducts are destroyed while the major intra and extra hepatic ducts remain patent; most patients are middle aged females and have circulating antimitochondrial antibodies.
- Cirrhosis of the liver caused either by destruction of the intrahepatic bile ducts (primary biliary cirrhosis) or blockage of the extrahepatic bile ducts (secondary biliary cirrhosis).
- Fibrosis of the hepatic parenchyma due to obstruction of bile flow (cholestasis) in the intrahepatic or extrahepatic bile ducts (bile ducts, intrahepatic; bile ducts, extrahepatic). Primary biliary cirrhosis involves the destruction of small intra-hepatic bile ducts and bile secretion. Secondary biliary cirrhosis is produced by prolonged obstruction of large intrahepatic or extrahepatic bile ducts from a variety of causes.
- Primary biliary cirrhosis
- Primary biliary cirrhosis, stage 4
- Secondary biliary cirrhosis
- Chronic nonsuppurative destructive cholangitis
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 571.6:
- Cholangitis (acute) (ascending) (catarrhal) (chronic) (infective) (malignant) (primary) (recurrent) (sclerosing) (secondary) (stenosing) (suppurative) 576.1
- chronic nonsuppurative destructive 571.6
- nonsuppurative destructive (chronic) 571.6
- Cirrhosis, cirrhotic 571.5
- biliary (cholangiolitic) (cholangitic) (cholestatic) (extrahepatic) (hypertrophic) (intrahepatic) (nonobstructive) (obstructive) (pericholangiolitic) (posthepatic) (primary) (secondary) (xanthomatous) 571.6
- Charcôt's 571.6
- Todd's (see also Cirrhosis, biliary) 571.6
- xanthomatous (biliary) (see also Cirrhosis, biliary) 571.6
- due to xanthomatosis (familial) (metabolic) (primary) 272.2
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 571.6 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2011 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.