Home > 2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Digestive System 520-579 > Noninfective Enteritis And Colitis 555-558 > Regional enteritis 555-
2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 555.9
Regional enteritis of unspecified site
- Short description: Regional enteritis NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 555.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 555.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 555.9: 2012 2013 2014.
- A condition in which the gastrointestinal tract is inflamed over a long period of time. Regional enteritis usually affects the small intestine and colon. Symptoms include fever, diarrhea, stomach cramps, vomiting, and weight loss. Regional enteritis increases the risk of colorectal cancer and small intestine cancer. It is a type of inflammatory bowel disease (ibd).
- A gastrointestinal disorder characterized by chronic inflammation involving all layers of the intestinal wall, noncaseating granulomas affecting the intestinal wall and regional lymph nodes, and transmural fibrosis. Crohn disease most commonly involves the terminal ileum; the colon is the second most common site of involvement.
- Chronic inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract, most commonly the bowel. Crohn's disease increases the risk for colon cancer.
- Gastrointestinal disorder characterized by chronic inflammatory infiltrates, fibrosis affecting all layers of the serosa, and development of noncaseating granulomas; most common site of involvement is the terminal ileum with the colon as the second most common.
- Inflammation of the intestines, but usually only of the small intestine. Regional enteritis increases the risk for developing colon cancer. Also called crohn's disease.
- Abscess of intestine due to Crohn's disease
- Arthritis due to Crohn's disease
- Complication due to Crohn's disease
- Crohns disease
- Crohn's disease
- Crohns disease w abscess
- Crohns disease w arthritis
- Crohns disease w complication
- Crohns disease w fistula
- Crohns disease w obstruction
- Crohns disease w rectal bleeding
- Crohns disease with abscess
- Crohn's disease with arthritis
- Crohns disease with complication
- Crohns disease with fistula
- Crohns disease with obstruction
- Crohns disease with rectal bleeding
- Fistula of intestine due to Crohn's disease
- Intestinal obstruction due to Crohn's disease
- Rectal hemorrhage due to Crohn's disease
- Crohn's disease NOS
- Regional enteritis NOS
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 555.9:
- Crohn's disease (see also Enteritis, regional) 555.9
- Disease, diseased - see also Syndrome
- Crohn's (intestine) (see also Enteritis, regional) 555.9
- Enteritis (acute) (catarrhal) (choleraic) (chronic) (congestive) (diarrheal) (exudative) (follicular) (hemorrhagic) (infantile) (lienteric) (noninfectious) (perforative) (phlegmonous) (presumed noninfectious) (pseudomembranous) 558.9
- regional (of) 555.9
- segmental (see also Enteritis, regional) 555.9
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 555.9 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2011 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.