2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 518.84
Acute and chronic respiratory failure
- Short description: Acute & chronc resp fail.
- ICD-9-CM 518.84 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 518.84 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 518.84.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 518.84: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM J96.20 Acute and chronic respiratory failure, unspecified whether with hypoxia or hypercapnia
- Acute on chronic hypercapnic respiratory failure
- Acute on chronic hypoxemic respiratory failure
- Acute on chronic respiratory failure
- Acute-on-chronic respiratory failure
- Respiratory failure, acute on chronic
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 518.84
- Failure, failed
- respiration, respiratory 518.81
- Respiratory - see also condition