2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 456.20
Esophageal varices in diseases classified elsewhere with bleeding
- Short description: Bleed esoph var oth dis.
- ICD-9-CM 456.20 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 456.20 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 456.20.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 456.20: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM I85.11 Secondary esophageal varices with bleeding
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 456.20
- Varix (lower extremity) (ruptured) 454.9
- esophagus (ulcerated) 456.1