Home > 2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Nervous System And Sense Organs 320-389 > Hereditary And Degenerative Diseases Of The Central Nervous System 330-337 > Other cerebral degenerations 331-
2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 331.4
- Short description: Obstructiv hydrocephalus.
- ICD-9-CM 331.4 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 331.4.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 331.4: 2012 2013 2014.
- Acquired hydrocephalus (disorder)
- Hydrocephalus, acquired
- Hydrocephalus, obstructive
- Acquired hydrocephalus NOS
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 331.4:
- Hydrocephalus (acquired) (external) (internal) (malignant) (noncommunicating) (obstructive) (recurrent) 331.4
- communicating 331.3
- due to
- fetal affecting management of pregnancy 655.0
- foramen Magendie block (acquired) 331.3
- otitic 348.2
- syphilitic, congenital 090.49
- tuberculous (see also Tuberculosis) 013.8
- Hydrops 782.3
- meningeal NEC 331.4
- Macrohydrocephalus (see also Hydrocephalus) 331.4
- Obstruction, obstructed, obstructive
- ventricle (brain) NEC 331.4
- Stenosis (cicatricial) - see also Stricture
- Stricture (see also Stenosis) 799.89
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 331.4 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2011 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.