2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 249.90
Secondary diabetes mellitus with unspecified complication, not stated as uncontrolled, or unspecified
- Short description: Sec DM unsp nt st uncon.
- ICD-9-CM 249.90 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 249.90 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 249.90.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 249.90: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM E08.8 Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition with unspecified complications
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM E09.8 Drug or chemical induced diabetes mellitus with unspecified complications
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM E13.8 Other specified diabetes mellitus with unspecified complications
- Complication due to secondary diabetes mellitus
- Drug induced diabetes mellitus with complications
- Drug induced diabetes with unspecified complication
- Drug induced DM w unspecified complication
- Malnutrition-related diabetes mellitus with multiple complications
- Posttransplant diabetes mellitus
- Secondary diabetes
- Secondary DM w unspecified complication