2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 203.0
- malignant neoplasm of plasma cells usually arising in the bone marrow and manifested by skeletal destruction, bone pain, and the presence of anomalous immunoglobulins.
- (mye-eh-LO-ma) Cancer that arises in plasma cells (white blood cells that produce antibodies).
- A bone marrow-based plasma cell neoplasm characterized by a serum monoclonal protein and skeletal destruction with osteolytic lesions, pathological fractures, bone pain, hypercalcemia, and anemia. Clinical variants include non-secretory myeloma, smoldering myeloma, indolent myeloma, and plasma cell leukemia. (WHO, 2001)
- There are 3 ICD-9-CM codes below 203.0 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 203.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 203.0: 2012 2013.
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 203.0: