- A number of disorders can affect the adrenal glands, including several types of cancer. Adrenal gland cancers are uncommon. They include
most adrenal gland tumors are non-cancerous adenomas that usually do not cause symptoms and may not require treatment.symptoms of adrenal gland cancer depend on the type of cancer you have. Treatments may include surgery, chemotherapy, or radiation therapy.
- adrenocortical carcinoma - cancer in the outer part of the gland
- neuroblastoma, a type of childhood cancer
- A primary or metastatic malignant neoplasm affecting the adrenal gland.
- Cancer that forms in the tissues of the adrenal glands (two glands located just above the kidneys). The adrenal glands make hormones that control heart rate, blood pressure, and other important body functions. Adrenal cancer that starts in the outside layer of the adrenal gland is called adrenocortical carcinoma. Adrenal cancer that starts in the center of the adrenal gland is called malignant pheochromocytoma.