2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 172.9
Melanoma of skin site unspecified
- A primary melanoma arising from atypical melanocytes in the skin. Precursor lesions include acquired and congenital melanocytic nevi, and dysplastic nevi. Several histologic variants have been recognized, including superficial spreading melanoma, acral lentiginous melanoma, nodular melanoma, and lentigo maligna melanoma.
- Short description: Malig melanoma skin NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 172.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 172.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 172.9: 2012 2013.
Convert 172.9 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 172.9: