Home > 2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Neoplasms 140-239 > Malignant Neoplasm Of Digestive Organs And Peritoneum 150-159 > Malignant neoplasm of pancreas 157-
2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 157.9
Malignant neoplasm of pancreas part unspecified
- Short description: Malig neo pancreas NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 157.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 157.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 157.9: 2012 2013 2014.
- A primary or metastatic malignant tumor involving the pancreas. Representative examples include carcinoma and lymphoma.
- The pancreas is a gland behind your stomach and in front of your spine. It produces juices that help break down food and hormones that help control blood sugar levels. Cancer of the pancreas is the fourth-leading cause of cancer death in the United States Some risk factors for developing pancreatic cancer include
- long-term diabetes
- chronic pancreatitis
- certain hereditary disorders
- Adenocarcinoma, pancreas
- CA of pancreas
- CA pancreas, adenoca
- CA pancreas, primary
- Cancer of the pancreas
- Cancer of the pancreas, adenocarcinoma
- Cancer of the pancreas, primary
- Malignant tumor of pancreas
- Pancreatic cancer
- Primary adenocarcinoma of pancreas
- Primary malignant neoplasm of pancreas
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 157.9:
- Adenocarcinoma (M8140/3) - see also Neoplasm, by site, malignant
- Carcinoma (M8010/3) - see also Neoplasm, by site, malignant
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 157.9 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2011 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.