2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 136.21
Specific infection due to acanthamoeba
- Short description: Infectn d/t acanthamoeba.
- ICD-9-CM 136.21 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 136.21 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 136.21.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 136.21: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM B60.11 Meningoencephalitis due to Acanthamoeba (culbertsoni)
- Acanthamoeba corneal ulcer
- Acanthamoeba endophthalmitis
- Acanthamoeba infection
- Acanthamoebic endophthalmitis
- Bilat conjunctivitis due to acanthamoeba
- Bilateral conjunctivitis due to acanthamoeba
- Corneal ulcer due to acanthamoeba
- Disseminated acanthamoeba infection
- Endophthalmitis due to acanthamoeba (disorder)
- Granulomatous amebic encephalitis
- Granulomatous amebic encephalitis due to acanthamoeba infection
- Granulomatous amebic encephalitis from acanthamoeba
- Infection by Acanthamoeba
- Left conjunctivitis due to acanthamoeba
- Right conjunctivitis due to acanthamoeba
- Use additional code to identify manifestation, such as:
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 136.21
- Infection, infected, infective (opportunistic) 136.9
- acanthamoeba 136.21