2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 079.53
Human immunodeficiency virus type 2 [hiv-2]
- Short description: Hiv-2 infection oth dis.
- ICD-9-CM 079.53 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 079.53 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 079.53.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 079.53: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM B97.35 Human immunodeficiency virus, type 2 [HIV 2] as the cause of diseases classified elsewhere
- HIV 2 infection
- HIV 2 infection symptomatic B1
- HIV 2 infection symptomatic B2
- Human immunodeficiency virus II infection
- Symptomatic HIV 2 infection category b1
- Symptomatic HIV 2 infection category b2
- Symptomatic human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) 2 infection category B1
- Symptomatic human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) 2 infection category B2