2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 038.42
Septicemia due to escherichia coli [e. coli]
- Short description: E coli septicemia.
- ICD-9-CM 038.42 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 038.42 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 038.42.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 038.42: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM A41.51 Sepsis due to Escherichia coli [E. coli]
- Escherichia coli (E coli)septicemia
- Sepsis without acute organ dysfunction due to Escherichia coli
- Sepsis wo acute organ dysfunction, w E coli septicemia
- Septic shock acute organ dysfunction, Escherichia coli
- Septic shock w acute organ dysfunction, w E coli septicemia
- Septic shock with acute organ dysfunction due to Escherichia coli septicemia
- Severe sepsis organ dysfunction, Escherichia coli
- Severe sepsis w acute organ dysfunction, w E coli septicemia
- Severe sepsis with acute organ dysfunction due to Escherichia coli septicemia