2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E998.0
Injury due to war operations but occurring after cessation of hostilities by explosion of mines
- Short description: War inj:expl mine-cease.
- ICD-9-CM E998.0 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E998.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E998.0 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM E998.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E998.0: 2011 2012 2013 2014.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM Y36.810A Explosion of mine placed during war operations but exploding after cessation of hostilities, military personnel, initial encounter
- 2014 ICD-10-CM Y36.811A Explosion of mine placed during war operations but exploding after cessation of hostilities, civilian, initial encounter