2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E998.0
Injury due to war operations but occurring after cessation of hostilities by explosion of mines
- Short description: War inj:expl mine-cease.
- ICD-9-CM E998.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E998.0 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E998.0 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM E998.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E998.0: 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM Y36.810A Explosion of mine placed during war operations but exploding after cessation of hostilities, military personnel, initial encounter
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM Y36.811A Explosion of mine placed during war operations but exploding after cessation of hostilities, civilian, initial encounter