2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E991.4
Injury due to war operations by fragments from munitions
- Short description: War inj:munition fragmnt.
- ICD-9-CM E991.4 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E991.4 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E991.4 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM E991.4.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E991.4: 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
- Fragments from:
- artillery shell
- bombs, except antipersonnel
- detonation of unexploded ordnance [UXO]
- guided missile
- land mine
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM Y36.250A War operations involving fragments from munitions, military personnel, initial encounter