2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E926.1
Exposure to infra-red radiation from heaters and lamps
- Short description: Infra-red appl rad exos.
- ICD-9-CM E926.1 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E926.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E926.1 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM E926.1.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E926.1: 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
- physical contact with heater or lamp (E924.8)
- Exposure to infra-red radiation from heaters and lamps as the cause of:
- inflammatory change
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM W90.1XXA Exposure to infrared radiation, initial encounter