2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 873.0
Open wound of scalp without complication
- Short description: Open wound of scalp.
- ICD-9-CM 873.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 873.0 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 873.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 873.0: 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S01.00XA Unspecified open wound of scalp, initial encounter
- Avulsion of scalp
- Laceration of scalp
- Open animal bite of scalp
- Open bite of scalp
- Open cat bite of scalp
- Open dog bite of scalp
- Open human bite of scalp
- Open wound of scalp
- Puncture wound of scalp
- Scalp avulsion
- Scalp laceration
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 873.0
- Wound, open (by cutting or piercing instrument) (by firearms) (cut) (dissection) (incised) (laceration) (penetration) (perforating) (puncture) (with initial hemorrhage, not internal) 879.8
- scalp 873.0