2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 851.34
Cortex (cerebral) laceration with open intracranial wound with prolonged (more than 24 hours) loss of consciousness and return to pre-existing conscious level
- Short description: Opn cortx lac-proln coma.
- ICD-9-CM 851.34 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 851.34 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 851.34.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 851.34: 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
can be converted using the following scenario:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S06.335A Contusion and laceration of cerebrum, unspecified, with loss of consciousness greater than 24 hours with return to pre-existing conscious level, initial encounter
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S01.90XA Unspecified open wound of unspecified part of head, initial encounter