2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 851.23
Cortex (cerebral) laceration without open intracranial wound with moderate (1-24 hours) loss of consciousness
- Short description: Cortex lacerat-mod coma.
- ICD-9-CM 851.23 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 851.23 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 851.23.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 851.23: 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S06.333A Contusion and laceration of cerebrum, unspecified, with loss of consciousness of 1 hour to 5 hours 59 minutes, initial encounter