2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 851.14
Cortex (cerebral) contusion with open intracranial wound with prolonged (more than 24 hours) loss of consciousness and return to pre-existing conscious level
- Short description: Opn cort contu-prol coma.
- ICD-9-CM 851.14 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 851.14 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 851.14.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 851.14: 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
can be converted using the following scenario:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S06.335A Contusion and laceration of cerebrum, unspecified, with loss of consciousness greater than 24 hours with return to pre-existing conscious level, initial encounter
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S01.90XA Unspecified open wound of unspecified part of head, initial encounter