2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 649.40
Epilepsy complicating pregnancy, childbirth, or the puerperium, unspecified as to episode of care or not applicable
- Short description: Epilepsy-unspecified.
- ICD-9-CM 649.40 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 649.40 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 649.40.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 649.40: 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM O99.350 Diseases of the nervous system complicating pregnancy, unspecified trimester
- Epilepsy complicating period after childbirth
- Postpartum epilepsy