2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 524.60
Temporomandibular joint disorders unspecified
- Any condition affecting the anatomic and functional characteristics of the temporomandibular joint.
- symptom complex consisting of partial deafness, stuffy sensation in the ears, tinnitus, pain, muscle tenderness, clicking in the joint, and limitation or alteration of mandibular movement; symptoms are subjective and manifested primarily in the masticatory muscles rather than the temporomandibular joint itself; etiologic factors are uncertain but include occlusal dysharmony and psychophysiologic factors.
- Short description: TMJ disorders NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 524.60 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 524.60.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 524.60: 2011 2012 2013.
524.60 Alternative Terminology
Convert 524.60 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 524.60: