2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 315.9
Unspecified delay in development
- As encompassed in federal legislation for educational assistance to handicapped children, includes disabilities originating before age 18 that constitute substantial barriers to normal functioning. Use a more specific term if possible.
- conditions characterized by a significant discrepancy between an individual's perceived level of intellect and their ability to acquire new language and other cognitive skills; may result from organic or psychological conditions.
- According to U.S. federal legislation, learning problems that are due to visual, hearing, or motor handicaps, mental retardation, emotional disturbance or environmental, cultural, or economic disadvantage. Compare LEARNING DISABILITIES.
- Delays in any or all areas including cognitive, social, language, sensory, and emotional development.
- Short description: Development delay NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 315.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 315.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 315.9: 2011 2012 2013.
315.9 Alternative Terminology
Convert 315.9 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 315.9: