Home > 2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Mental Disorders 290-319 > Neurotic Disorders, Personality Disorders, And Other Nonpsychotic Mental Disorders 300-316 > Specific delays in development 315-
2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 315.9
Unspecified delay in development
- Short description: Development delay NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 315.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 315.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 315.9: 2011 2012 2013 2014.
- According to United States Federal legislation, learning problems that are due to visual, hearing, or motor handicaps, mental retardation, emotional disturbance or environmental, cultural, or economic disadvantage. Compare learning disabilities.
- As encompassed in federal legislation for educational assistance to handicapped children, includes disabilities originating before age 18 that constitute substantial barriers to normal functioning. Use a more specific term if possible.
- Conditions characterized by a significant discrepancy between an individual's perceived level of intellect and their ability to acquire new language and other cognitive skills; may result from organic or psychological conditions.
- Delays in any or all areas including cognitive, social, language, sensory, and emotional development.
- Developmental delay
- Developmental delay, global
- Developmental delay, mild-moderate
- Developmental delay, severe
- Developmental disorder
- Developmental neurologic disorder
- Gen neurologic/dev delay
- Global developmental delay
- Mild to moderate developmental delay
- Neurodevelopmental disorder
- Severe developmental delay
- Developmental disorder NOS
- Learning disorder NOS
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 315.9:
- Delay, delayed
- Disorder - see also Disease
- development, specific 315.9
- learning 315.9
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 315.9 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2010 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.