2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 296.43
Bipolar i disorder, most recent episode (or current) manic severe degree without psychotic behavior
- Short description: Bipol I manc-sev w/o psy.
- ICD-9-CM 296.43 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 296.43 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 296.43.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 296.43: 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM F31.13 Bipolar disorder, current episode manic without psychotic features, severe
- Bipolar 1 disorder, manic, severe
- Severe manic bipolar I disorder