Home > 2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Endocrine, Nutritional And Metabolic Diseases, And Immunity Disorders 240-279 > Nutritional Deficiencies 260-269 > Other and unspecified protein-calorie malnutrition 263-
2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 263.9
Unspecified protein-calorie malnutrition
- Short description: Protein-cal malnutr NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 263.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 263.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 263.9: 2011 2012 2013 2014.
- A disorder caused by a lack of proper nutrition or an inability to absorb nutrients from food.
- Disorder of nutrition due to unbalanced or insufficient diet or to defective assimilation or utilization of nutrients.
- Inadequate nutrition resulting from poor diet, malabsorption, or abnormal nutrient distribution.
- The lack of sufficient energy or protein to meet the body's metabolic demands, as a result of either an inadequate dietary intake of protein, intake of poor quality dietary protein, increased demands due to disease, or increased nutrient losses.
- Adult osteomalacia due to malnutrition
- Calorie malnutrition
- Deficiency of macronutrients
- Hypoalbuminemia due to protein calorie malnutrition
- Malnutrition (calorie)
- Malnutrition in childbirth
- Malnutrition in pregnancy
- Malnutrition postpartum
- Malnutrition, calorie
- Malnutrition, not enough calories in diet
- Nutritional disorder
- Poor nutrition in childbirth
- Poor nutrition in pregnancy
- Postpartum (after childbirth) malnutrition
- Postpartum malnutrition
- Protein calorie malnutrition
- Protein calorie malnutrition w hypoalbuminemia
- Protein-calorie malnutrition with hypoalbuminemia
- Sequelae of protein calorie malnutrition
- Sequelae of protein-energy malnutrition
- nutritional deficiency NOS (269.9)
- Dystrophy due to malnutrition
- Malnutrition (calorie) NOS
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 263.9:
- Dystrophy, dystrophia 783.9
- due to malnutrition 263.9
- nutritional 263.9
- Inanition 263.9
- with edema 262
- due to
- deprivation of food 994.2
- malnutrition 263.9
- fever 780.60
- Malnutrition (calorie) 263.9
- complicating pregnancy 648.9
- following gastrointestinal surgery 579.3
- malignant 260
- mild 263.1
- moderate 263.0
- protein 260
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 263.9 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2010 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.