2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 253.8
Other disorders of the pituitary and other syndromes of diencephalohypophyseal origin
- Rathke's pouch cysts are rarely symptomatic in the first two decades of life though they may produce symptoms in the third and fourth decades of life. When the cysts do present in the first decades of life, the symptoms are generally associated with diabetes insipidus or other conditions related to hypopituitarism.
- Short description: Pituitary disorder NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 253.8 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 253.8.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 253.8: 2011 2012 2013.
253.8 Alternative Terminology
Convert 253.8 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 253.8: