2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 242.0
Toxic diffuse goiter
- Hyperthyroidism associated with diffuse hyperplasia of the thyroid gland (goiter), resulting from production of antibodies that are directed against the thyrotropin receptor complex of the follicular epithelial cells. As a result, the thyroid gland enlarges and secrets increased amounts of thyroid hormones. --2004
- exophthalmos occurring in association with goiter; hyperthyroidism with protrusion of the eyeballs.
- There are 2 ICD-9-CM codes below 242.0 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 242.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 242.0: 2011 2012 2013.
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 242.0: