2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E968.3
Assault by hot liquid
- Short description: ASSAULT-HOT LIQUID.
- ICD-9-CM E968.3 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E968.3 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E968.3 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM E968.3.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E968.3: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM X98.2XXA Assault by hot fluids, initial encounter
- Homicidal burns by scalding