2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E956
Suicide and self-inflicted injury by cutting and piercing instrument
- Short description: INJURY-CUT INSTRUMENT.
- ICD-9-CM E956 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E956 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E956 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM E956.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E956: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM X78.9XXA Intentional self-harm by unspecified sharp object, initial encounter
- Cause of suicide or self inflicted injury, cutting instrument
- Suicide or self injury by cutting
- Suicide or self injury by cutting (event)