2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E954
Suicide and self-inflicted injury by submersion (drowning)
- Short description: INJURY-SUBMERSION.
- ICD-9-CM E954 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E954 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E954 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM E954.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E954: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM X71.8XXA Other intentional self-harm by drowning and submersion, initial encounter
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM X71.9XXA Intentional self-harm by drowning and submersion, unspecified, initial encounter