2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E893.9
Accident caused by ignition of clothing by unspecified source
- Short description: CLOTHING FIRE NOS.
- ICD-9-CM E893.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E893.9 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E893.9 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM E893.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E893.9: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM X08.8XXA Exposure to other specified smoke, fire and flames, initial encounter
- Ignition of clothing (from controlled fire NOS) (in building NOS) NOS