2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E893.0
Accident caused by ignition of clothing from controlled fire in private dwelling
- Short description: CLOTHING FIRE-PRIV DWELL.
- ICD-9-CM E893.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E893.0 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E893.0 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM E893.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E893.0: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM X05.XXXA Exposure to ignition or melting of nightwear, initial encounter