2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E879.4
Aspiration of fluid as the cause of abnormal reaction of patient or of later complication without misadventure at time of procedure
- Short description: ABN REACT-FLUID ASPIRAT.
- ICD-9-CM E879.4 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E879.4 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E879.4 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM E879.4.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E879.4: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM Y84.4 Aspiration of fluid as the cause of abnormal reaction of the patient, or of later complication, without mention of misadventure at the time of the procedure
- Lumbar puncture