2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E876.8
Other specified misadventures during medical care
- Short description: MEDICAL MISADVENTURE NEC.
- ICD-9-CM E876.8 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E876.8 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E876.8 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM E876.8.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM E876.8: 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014.
- Performance of inappropriate treatment NEC
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM Y65.8 Other specified misadventures during surgical and medical care